Direct Payment Credit

  • If you have an order to pay through the Friend of Court (FOC) you are not to pay the other party directly. You MUST submit the money thru the Michigan State Disbursement Unit. Credit toward your account might not be given if you pay the other party directly without an order to do so.
  • Should the Non Custodial Parent (NCP) submit receipts for child support, alimony, medical, or childcare, the FOC office will mail a copy to the Custodial Parent (CP) for verification. The CP cannot be receiving any type of assistance. You should always retain a receipt from the other party whether it’s check, money order, or just a signed note. If the CP agrees, credit will be given. If the CP disagrees the FOC will determine if a hearing is needed. Any direct payment exceeding $100.00 requires a notarized signature. The FOC has several notaries on staff.