Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Restitution – when can I expect a check to be sent for restitution owed to me?
Restitution ordered through the Court is collected by the District Court Clerk’s Office.  Any Restitution collected will be sent on a monthly basis.  A check will be issued to the victim, using the last known address listed in the police report or the Crime/Victim packet.  If your address has changed, please notify us immediately at # (810) 985.2100.

Who is my Probation Officer?
Probation Officers are assigned following sentencing.  If you are sentenced to Probation in Port Huron, you should report downstairs to Room 1200 so that your Probation Officer can be assigned.  If you are incarcerated, a letter will be sent to your home (last known address) which will indicate your Probation Officer’s name and contact information, as well as, your report day.  If you are sentenced in Marine City, a letter will be sent to your home (last known address) which will indicate your Probation Officer’s name and contact information, as well as, your report day. 

What if I missed my report day/appointment?  When is it?
Please email or call your Probation Officer immediately.  All Probation Officer emails and/or phone numbers are listed on this website under “Probation Officers.”

Where do I pay fines and costs, restitution, immobilization fees?
Port Huron – All Court Assessments are paid in the District Court Clerk’s Office, located on the 2nd Floor of the Courthouse (201 McMorran Blvd., Room #2900, Port Huron, MI 48060).

Marine City – All fees are paid in the Marine City Courthouse, at the window in the main lobby (2088 South Parker, Marine City, MI 48039).

How do I look up a criminal record?
The public may utilize the computer located in the District Court Clerk’s Office (Port Huron or Marine City) to review public misdemeanor files.  The public may also review a criminal record online at  An option to look up the record by case ID or by name will then be given. 

Can I get my case transferred?

Where do I drug and/or alcohol test when the Court House is closed?
There are several testing facilities in the area.  Normally, your Probation Officer will arrange for you, or will notify you to test elsewhere when the Courthouse is closed.  Each probationer is responsible for testing at the designated times ordered by the Judge.  Numerous testing facilities are listed on this website under “Alcohol – Drug Testing Facilities.”

How do I make an appeal for my case?
Questions regarding appeals should be directed to an Attorney. 

Can I report by phone or mail?
Individuals who are placed on Probation are expected to report in person.  There are exceptions made, with a Judge’s approval, under special circumstances only. 

How do I get my discharge papers?
You may obtain your discharge papers through a request, in person, at the District Court Probation Department in Port Huron (201 McMorran Blvd., Room 1200, Port Huron, MI 48060).  Please bring proof of identity with you when requesting the document.

What holidays are the Courts closed?

2022 Court Holidays

Pursuant to 31st Circuit Court Administrative Order 1985-7 and Michigan Court Rule 8.110(D)(2), the following is the schedule of holidays for 2022:

New Year's Day (Observed)MondayJanuary 3, 2022
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day MondayJanuary 17, 2022
Presidents' Day MondayFebruary 21, 2022
Memorial Day MondayMay 30, 2022
Juneteenth (Observed)MondayJune 20, 2022
Independence Day MondayJuly 4, 2022
Labor Day MondaySeptember 5, 2022
Veterans' Day FridayNovember 11, 2022
Thanksgiving Day ThursdayNovember 24, 2022
Day After Thanksgiving FridayNovember 25, 2022
Christmas Eve Day (Observed)FridayDecember 23, 2022
Christmas Day (Observed)MondayDecember 26, 2022
New Year's Eve Day (Observed)FridayDecember 30, 2022
New Year's Day (Observed)MondayJanuary 2, 2023

How do I obtain a work pass while incarcerated?
All work passes must be granted by the Judge and approved by Probation. All work pass information needs to be on company letterhead, with a supervisor’s signature and contact number. The work pass information needs to be forwarded to the Probation Department for review and approval.

Where do I turn myself in on a Bench Warrant?
If you have an active Bench Warrant for Probation Violation, you may turn yourself at the original arresting police agency, your local police department, the Probation Department, or the District Court Clerk’s Office.

Courts Status: 

Not working? Refresh page.