Helpful Links

Local Resources
Council on Aging
Food Bank Schedule
Port Huron Legal Aid Office
St. Clair County Help Card

Veterans & Dependants
Veterans Service Organization Directory
Compensation & Pension Rates
CSRC Login
Obtain Military Records on-line
Cold War Certificate Program
CHAMPVA (Medical Insurance Benefit for Dependents of eligible veterans)
Spina Bifida
Get Dogtags

Click Here For Dogtags!
Non-government affiliated company.

Travel on Military Aircraft
Active Duty & Military Retiree
Reserve Affairs
Tricare (Medical Insurance active duty)
Tricare (Medical Insurance for retired military)
Tricare Handbook
How much doesTricare Cost?
Prescriptions by Mail Link
Military Pay Resources (Retiree and Active Duty)
CSRC Login
Uniform Code of Military Justice
Locate Military Bases

Policy Manuals & Downloadable Information
Free Federal Handbooks
Tricare Fact Sheets
Tricare Forms
Authorization To Start, Stop, or Change Allotment Form

Transitional from Active Duty to Veteran

The end of deployment can bring new challenges
It can take time for a returning parent to reintegrate into family life. Young children may need time to get reacquainted with a parent who, in some cases, they don't remember. When returning military members have suffered significant injuries - physical or psychological - young children can react with fear and anxiety. Parental roles and styles of coping and survival adopted during the period of deployment need to be renegotiated. There is an increased risk for domestic violence under these circumstances. About one in six service members returning from deployment in Afghanistan or Iraq returns home with post-traumatic stress disorder, traumatic brain injuries, and other serious mental disorders. This adds to the risks faced by their children and families.

Military Assistance Program
Veterans Business Development Office
Employment Assistance For Workers and Small Businesses
VA Vocational Rehabilitation

Selfridge ANG Base

Additional Resources
Fraud against Elderly
St. Clair County Council On Aging
Department of State
Traveling Abroad

Request Vital Records of U.S. Citizens Overseas

Contact Information

St. Clair Co. Department of Veterans Affairs
200 Grand River, Suite 104
Port Huron, MI 48060
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday through Friday
(closed for lunch 12:00pm - 1:00pm)

Phone: (810) 989-6945
Fax: (810) 966-4682
Email: St. Clair Co. Veterans Affairs
E-mail is not necessarily secure against interception. If your communication is very sensitive, or includes personal information like your social security number or your claim number, you may want to send it by postal mail instead.