Composition of the Plat Board
The St. Clair County Plat Board is composed of the Chairperson of the County Board
of Commissioners (Mr. Wallace Evans), the County Treasurer (Ms. Kelly Roberts-Burnett),
the County Clerk/Register (Ms. Marilyn Dunn). The Plat Board is assisted by staff
assigned to the Equalization Department. The Plat Examiner is Mr. Greg Lachon from
the Equalization Department.
What does the Plat Board Do
The County Plat Board meets as necessary to review proposed subdivision plats in
accordance with State law. The Board’s primary task is to receive plat proposals,
review those plats to ensure they comply with the Land Division Act (PA 288 of 1967
and PA 591 of 1996), and certify compliance.
The County Plat Board is formed under the authority of Public Acts 288 of 1967 (the
Subdivision Control Act), and PA 591 of 1996 (the Land Division Act) which substantially
amends PA 288 of 1967.
The objectives of the Plat Board as dictated by the Act include:
- To encourage, rather than prohibit, subdividing of land, but under conditions that
will not be detrimental to the State’s natural resources or the public health.
- To permit flexibility of land use in areas served by adequate public sewer and water
- To promote accurate titling and conveyance of land by more accurate descriptions
resulting from proper surveying and monumenting of subdivision boundaries and lots.
- To provide reasonable protection for both the ethical developer and the lot and
home buying public.
- To provide for adequate local government authority and responsibility for approval
- To establish uniform procedures for the submission and approval of subdivision plats.
All correspondence with the County Plat Board should be addressed to the Secretary
of the Board, Ms. Marilyn Dunn. Mailings should be sent to the following address:
Ms. Marilyn Dunn, Secretary
St. Clair County Plat Board
201 McMorran Blvd., Room 204
Port Huron, MI 48060
Inquiries can be made with Ms. Dunn’s office
Plat Board’s staff person, Mr. Greg Lachon,
County Plat Examiner