County Master Recreation Plan
In early 2012, the
Parks and Recreation Commission completed the St. Clair County Recreation Master
Plan. A copy of the accepted five year plan, which covers the years 2012-2016,
is located below.
The Master Plan outlines the program goals that the Parks and Recreation
Commission will pursue during the next five years and lists the strategies that
the Commission will use to achieve those goals.
To review the 2012-2016 Parks Master Plan, click on any of the chapters listed
Chapter 1. Introduction (as revised)
The text in this introductory chapter provides:
- A general profile of the St. Clair County Parks and Recreation Commission
- The Parks and Recreation Commission’s mission statement
- An overview of the philosophies and format of the Master Recreation Plan
Chapter 2. Community Description (as revised)
The text in this section provides information about St. Clair County’s:
- Social Characteristics
- Physical Characteristics
Chapter 3. Administrative Structure (as revised)
This section provides information about St. Clair County’s Parks and Recreation Commission’s:
- Master Recreation Plans
- Meeting Schedule
- Decision-Making Process
- Working Relationships
- Funding Sources
Chapter 4. Recreation Inventory (as revised)
This section begins with an inventory of parks and recreation property and facilities owned by:
- St. Clair County
- Townships, Cities and Villages within St. Clair County
- The State of Michigan
- Nonprofit and Private Organizations
This section concludes with standards and guidelines by which the amount of
parks and recreation property and facilities can be measured. This comparison
between current inventory and recommended standards helps define the county’s
parks and recreation performance and deficits.
Chapter 5. Planning Process (as revised)
This section provides historical information about research and development of
previous Master Recreation Plans and this 2012-2016 update. In regard to the
update process, this section identifies:
- The Planning Process
- Participants and their roles
- PARC Visioning Workshops
- Link with the St. Clair County Master Plan
- Link with the St. Clair County Long-Range Transportation Plan
- Public Involvement Summary
- PARC’s use of Social Media
- PARC’s Marketing and Public Relations
Chapter 6. Goals and Objectives (as revised)
This section is the heart of the Master Recreation Plan for St. Clair County. It includes:
- The benefits of parks and recreation.
- Emerging issues affecting parks and recreation planning in St. Clair County.
- The Parks and Recreation Commission’s goals and objectives for the years 2012 through 2016.
- Priority statements regarding those goals and objectives.
- Planned capital projects over the next five years
For a copy of the plan, please call the Parks and Recreation office at
St. Clair County Parks and Recreation
200 Grand River Avenue, Suite 107
Port Huron, MI 48060